An Elder Planning Counselor will be expected to
adhere to the CIEPS Code of Professional Ethics.
Code of Professional Conduct
Elder Planning Counselors will at all times:
1. Place the needs, objectives and interests of their clients, customers, patients and prospects above their own at all times.
2. Protect their clients, customers, patients and prospects from unscrupulous business and professional activities.
3. Give clients, customers, patients and prospects the same advice and service they would expect themselves if the circumstances were the same.
4. Keep confidential all personal and business details of their clients’ affairs they become aware of during the course of their work.
5. Keep the quality of their recommendations high through continuing education and training.
6. Abide by the letter and spirit of the law or any applicable regulations or professional codes in all their business or professional activities.
7. Shield the CIEPS and fellow EPCs from dishonour by agreeing to immediate suspension of their membership if charged with a criminal offense or professional misconduct.
8. Charge a fair and appropriate fee (If on a fee for service basis) based on the time, skill and expertise required.